1. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that permits you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
3. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. Although it may look tedious, ensure you read the contract and terms before you purchase with a website. These documents have valuable information on what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
5. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider signing up for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, so the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.