1. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. Discover the online store's return policy. In case you are considering building a purchase on an item that you might like to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you may not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
4. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
5. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to produce a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they can have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.