1. Before buying from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
2. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
3. A great tip to remember when you're thinking about online shopping is to ensure the site is legit. You don't desire to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
4. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
5. When you shop online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because charge cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money within your bank account. When a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.