1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a matter. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something fails after you've made your purchase.
2. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
3. Be mindful where you submit your bank card information. When you are shopping online, always use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to safeguard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS rather than the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, depending on which browser you use.
4. Once you enjoy the ease of frequent shopping online, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a new password for the bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
5. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. As an example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store close to you, you can look on the store's website and discover if they are offered to be shipped to you.