1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. When shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
3. Whenever you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a new password for the bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
4. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
5. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Many people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.