1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your money.
2. If you find a fantastic product on your favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
3. When you find yourself making a purchase online, make sure that you use credit cards to pay for the transaction. Bank card users are protected against fraud by federal law and they are only liable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far as to wave the $50 for you, meaning that you will not be out of pocket.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product should be able to give you a wise decision about the product. You may be able to find out the quality of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.