1. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that has a better reputation.
2. Once you enjoy the ease of frequent internet shopping, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a new password for your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
3. If you are going to be doing some shopping on the web, make sure you understand the liability for every credit card you utilize online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it for a minimal fee. You do not need to get stuck with purchases made on your own card in the event the number is stolen.
4. Ensure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is fairly common, and also you must protect your information in any way cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.
5. Shop around when you shop online. You may find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at some different stores to find out their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to obtain the best deal it is possible to.