1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
3. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
4. If you like an internet store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
5. Discover the online store's return policy. If you are considering making a purchase on an item that you may want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you may not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.