1. Speak with your friends regarding their favorite web stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to shop. This can save you a lot of time and energy.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. When shopping online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy to find the best price for any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only look at the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
4. To safeguard yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.
5. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.