1. If you like an internet store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
2. Learn more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only when the store has a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is advisable to go through an alternative store.
3. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. Make it a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
5. Always remember your budget and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual arena of online shopping has got a lot of people in serious debt. You need to look at online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.