1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. If you like an online store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
3. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some type of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in case something fails after you've made your purchase.
5. When you shop online, it is essential that you spend a little time looking at the site that you are considering buying from. You can find information about the site from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them can lead to you obtaining the products you probably did not order or getting billed greater than you should have.