1. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Search for "https://" inside the URL in the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people with your account information.
2. Before you make a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into what it really will cost for that shipping on your own items and if there are free delivery options accessible to you.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that allows you to get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
5. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.