1. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
2. Make sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is very common, and you also must protect your information whatsoever cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
3. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember if you've had a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation as a seller.
4. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a limit and stick to it.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.