1. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have special offers and sales. This can lead to savings for you as you may get a discount in the item or perhaps free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
2. Whenever you enjoy the comfort of frequent online shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a brand new password to your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
3. To guard yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.
4. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
5. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the net. If you go for the first sale you see, there exists a chance you may miss out on a much better deal someplace else.