1. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Search for "https://" within the URL from the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people with your account information.
2. When you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks or so, make up a whole new password for the bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
3. Be wary of any emails you obtain, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a web site other than the one you shopped on. If you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and type in the web site you would like to go to. It really is much safer that way.
4. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general concept of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. Internet shopping is a great way to save money as you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save much more money.