1. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
2. When shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
3. If a company has a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and online coupons to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter if you really like their goods and would use a discount code.
4. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as you can. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general idea of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. To guard yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance could be withdrawn by internet hackers.