1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description so that you know exactly what you are purchasing.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by trying to find reviews upon them online.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.
5. When searching out the best price for a big ticket item, make sure to check the store reviews to find out if other customers had a good knowledge about them. It is additionally a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau as well. You want to make certain that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.