1. If you're worried about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research about this. The internet can be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with assorted sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and acquire a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description so that you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
3. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
4. Look for online coupons when shopping on the net. Many internet retailers give out discounts for various things and you can see them by performing a simple search. Just enter in the name in the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This can be a great way to save money when you shop online.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.