1. If you're worried about whether a shopping website is legitimate or otherwise, do some research regarding it. The internet may be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with various sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the customer service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the organization without risking a lot of money.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
3. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
5. If you find a great product on your own favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.