1. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
3. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that allows you to get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. Take time to browse through different online stores to evaluate the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new releases become available on a regular basis.
5. If you are planning to be shopping on the web, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you know is secure, like one that you have in the home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.