1. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this provides you with an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a broad swerve.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
4. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a limit and stick to it.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in case something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.