1. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Try to find "https://" within the URL from the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people with your account information.
2. If you find an excellent product on the favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
5. Look for discount codes when shopping on the net. Many online stores give out reductions for various things and you can see them by performing a simple search. Just type in the name in the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This can be a great way to save money when you shop online.