1. If you are looking at purchasing from the seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this provides you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again ought to be given a broad swerve.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials that are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
3. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
4. Look for discount codes when shopping on the web. Many online retailers give out discounts for various things and you can see them by doing a simple search. Just enter in the name in the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This really is a great way to save money when you shop online.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.