1. Although it may seem tedious, make sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase with a website. These documents have valuable info on what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to come back items.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product will be able to give you a good idea about the product. You could possibly find out the standard of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
3. In case you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer support representative to repair any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can present you with a lot of reassurance.
4. If you find a great product on your own favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
5. When you are searching for a spot to buy a specific thing and none of the results appear to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not to take your cash.