1. When you shop online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
2. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Many people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. Be cautious where you submit your credit card information. If you are shopping online, always use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to protect your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There may also be a locked icon, either in your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description so that you know exactly what you are purchasing.
5. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your money.