1. Speak to your friends with regards to their favorite online stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no method for you to find them all yourself. Talk to the people you understand to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to look. This can save you a lot of time as well as.
2. Be wary of the emails you receive, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a site other than the one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and type in the web site you would like to go to. It is actually much safer that way.
3. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. When you shop online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
5. When shopping online, make sure the site you are on starts with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. When a site does not have the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.