1. When shopping online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because bank cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. When a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
2. When shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
3. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that allows you to get free freight. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. Be wary of any emails you receive, even if they appear to be coming from a retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a site other than usually the one you shopped on. If you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter the web site you need to go to. It is much safer that way.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.