1. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Many people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the tough way and lose your money.
4. While shopping online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy to get the best price for just about any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only glance at the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
5. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy could have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, make sure that you have the ability to take a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.