1. Always look for discount codes when shopping on the Internet. Many internet retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can see them by doing a simple search. Just type in the name of the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This really is a great way to spend less when you shop online.
2. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
3. If you frequently shop online, make certain your antimalware is always high quality and updated. Major shopping sites are frequently targeted by hackers along with other shady types who make an effort to steal your personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software gives you about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
4. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
5. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.