1. If you find a great product on your favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
2. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that as being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
4. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general idea of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a restriction and stick to it.