1. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that as being a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop elsewhere.
2. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy could have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, make sure that you have the ability to take a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
3. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. Call the online company before making a purchase. For those who have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want in order to know that you can reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your credit card information. In the event you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
5. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the net. If you choose the first sale you see, you will find a chance you will miss out on a much better deal someplace else.