1. Know about the dangers of shopping online together with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much easier to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for that safest conditions.
2. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the situation, choose one that will save you the most money.
3. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For instance, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store close to you, you can look on the store's website and find out if they are offered to be shipped to you.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
5. Be wary of the emails you receive, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a site other than the main one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter the web site you want to go to. It really is much safer that way.