1. If you're concerned with whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise, do some research about it. The internet can be a great way to discover other people's experiences with assorted sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the customer service, shipping, and gain a feel for the organization without risking a lot of money.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. If you frequently shop online, make sure your antimalware is always high quality and updated. Major shopping sites are usually targeted by hackers as well as other shady types who attempt to steal your own personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software provides you with about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
4. If you find a great product on your favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
5. Do more research on the online store you are considering before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores having an excellent reputation.