1. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they could have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
2. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product can give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the caliber of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
4. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this provides you with an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a large swerve.