1. If you're concerned with whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise, do some research regarding it. The internet can be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with assorted sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
2. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some kind of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.