1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a specific amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
2. Whenever you enjoy the convenience of frequent online shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a new password to your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
3. When you shop online, be certain the site you are on starts with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that you could safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. In case a site does not have the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
4. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this will provide you with an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a broad swerve.
5. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL plus it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.