1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Find out the online store's return policy. Should you be considering building a purchase on an item that you might want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a good idea about the product. You may be able to find out the quality of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
5. A great tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about online shopping is to ensure the site is legit. You don't desire to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.