1. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials that are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
3. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
4. Before buying from a new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
5. When shopping online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because credit cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money within your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.