1. Always remember your finances and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual realm of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to look at online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a new password for your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
4. If you find a fantastic product on the favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
5. If a website is not secure, do not buy something. Simply search for at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" instead of an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your charge card information. However, if there is no "s" inside the address, start working on a different site to be in the safe side.