1. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that has a better reputation.
2. Find out the online store's return policy. Should you be considering building a purchase on an item that you might want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you do not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product will be able to give you a wise decision about the product. You could possibly find out the caliber of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. If you wish to buy a used product online, learn more about the seller first. You ought to visit their profile and look for reviews written by other shoppers who bought products from this seller. Tend not to hesitate to make contact with the seller to question a few questions concerning the product you are looking at.