1. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. Always look for coupon codes when shopping on the web. Many online stores give out reductions for various things and you can see them by doing a simple search. Just type in the name from the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This really is a great way to cut costs when you shop online.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB prior to deciding to part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your cash with a company that fails to deliver.
5. Always remember your finances and credit limits when shopping online. The virtual arena of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in the same way you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.