1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that as a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
3. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider signing up for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, and so the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
4. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer service representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can give you a lot of reassurance.
5. If you want to spend less on the products you buy online and would like to make shopping online more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some great deals if you place your bids at the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies just before getting started.