1. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that lets you get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer care is and exactly how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the net. If you choose the first sale you see, there is a chance you are going to miss out on a much better deal someplace else.