1. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one which has a better reputation.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
3. If you wish to buy a used product online, learn more about the owner first. You need to visit their profile and search for reviews authored by other shoppers who bought products using this seller. Do not hesitate to contact the seller to inquire about a few questions about the product you are interested in.
4. Be familiar with the dangers of shopping online with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much easier to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for your safest conditions.
5. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it also should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.