1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
3. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that allows you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
5. Know about the dangers of shopping online together with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are quicker to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for your safest conditions.