1. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
2. If you are going to get doing some online shopping, make sure you understand the liability for each and every credit card you make use of online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built-in while others offer it for any minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on the card when the number is stolen.
3. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, make sure that you have the ability to take a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
4. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
5. While shopping online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.