1. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. Learn more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option as long as the store has a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is recommended to go through a different store.
3. If you want to spend less on the products you purchase online and want to make shopping online more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some great deals should you place your bids at the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies prior to getting started.
4. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
5. Turn it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to some price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.