1. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your cash with a company that fails to offer.
2. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general notion of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. In the event you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to enroll in their email updates which usually have special offers and sales. This can lead to savings for you as you may obtain a discount in the item or even free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.
4. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.
5. If you find a great product on your own favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.