1. Discover the online store's return policy. If you are considering building a purchase on an item that you might like to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
2. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
3. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they can also acquire a reputation being a seller.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.