1. Do more research around the online store you are considering before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with an excellent reputation.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
3. Be wary of the emails you receive, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a site other than the main one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go approximately your browser and enter in the web site you would like to go to. It really is much safer that way.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
5. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.