1. When you shop online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because credit cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money within your bank account. When a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a point of hours.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
3. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before you purchase something, make sure that you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
4. When shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. In case you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer service representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can give you a lot of satisfaction.