1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. If you are going to be shopping on the web, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you know is secure, like one that you have at home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
4. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the truth, choose the one which will save you as much as possible.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.