1. An excellent tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about shopping online is to make sure the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
2. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have promotions and sales. This can result in savings for you personally as you may obtain a discount around the item or perhaps free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
3. When you are searching for a spot to buy a specific thing and no results seem to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not out to take your hard earned money.
4. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, so the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
5. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.